The Benefits of Subscribing to Autodesk
Autodesk subscription offers the most convenient, modern, and flexible way to purchase and access software and services provide a competitive advantage and help grow your business. As an Autodesk subscriber, you’ll gain access to the latest Autodesk software releases and cloud services, technical support, and flexible licensing rights. With more purchasing options than ever before, you can choose a plan which best fits your current budget and project needs. Autodesk subscription puts software, services, and support at your command, accelerating more efficient workflows, now and into the future.
Keep your perpetual licenses current by annually renewing your maintenance plan.
Subscription policy changes take effect as of February 1st 2016. Click here to learn more.
A Better Subscription Experience
4 questions to determine the best Autodesk offering to fit your business requirements:
1) What product suits your needs?
2) How would you like to purchase it?
SUBSCRIBE: As of February 1 2016, customers will simply subscribe to a product or service by purchasing term-based access. Subscription is best for customers who require:
- Increase productivity with the latest product versions and updates
- Respond to changing business needs by easily scaling your software tools
- Pay only for what you need, when you need it — no large upfront investment needed
- Resolve issues and keep projects on track with direct help from product support specialists
- Harness the power of the cloud and gain a competitive edge through, improved collaboration and design analysis tools
- Bill back your software subscription fees to clients and projects with ease
- Choose the best purchasing option to fit your budgetary and project needs: monthly, quarterly, annual or multi-year plans
- Allow individual Named Users to use software on different machines
- Designate software Named User based on project and staffing changes
PURCHASE: Perpetual licenses of Autodesk Design Suites can be purchased until July 2016, with the option to add on a maintenance plan, formerly called maintenance subscription. Maintenance plans include many of the same benefits customers receive when they subscribe to Autodesk software:
Access to the latest software: With a maintenance plan, you have instant access to the latest product releases and enhancements.
- Stay current on the latest software and learning materials rather than waiting for major releases.
- Update software right away, or choose a time that is right for your entire team.
Software when you need it, where you need it: Use your software in more places with access to both current and previous versions.
- Access previous versions—You will be able to download and use previous releases of most Autodesk software.
- Use your software at home—Access both current and previous versions of your software on your home computer.
- Use your software when traveling—Use your software and services globally when traveling outside of your home country.
Technical support: Let us help you resolve issues quickly. You’ll have access to:
- Senior Autodesk support specialists
- Moderated community support forums
- 1:1 phone support in local languages during local business hours and after-hours 1-to-1 phone support in English
- E-learning opportunities and exclusive training webcasts
Administrative tools: Your maintenance plan provides a simplified software setup and an improved user management experience so that you can stay focused on designing and making, without worrying about your software. Easy-to-use administrative tools allow you to simply and effectively manage software licenses, seats, and usage from your Autodesk Account.
Additional cloud and software services: Work smarter without tying up your desktop. Get access to additional services in the cloud, such as:
- Faster rendering and visualization capabilities
- Collaboration tools
- Secure storage
3) How long do you need it?
Subscription grants license holders the right to use Autodesk software for a specified period of time with the option to renew before the subscription term expires. This provides flexibility to control costs without a large up-front investment. In some cases, you may be able to job cost the Autodesk subscription clients or projects, making it easier to treat software costs as an operating expense rather than a capital expense. The current subscription term lengths are:
4) Who needs access to the product?
Single-user access cannot be shared, and can either be assigned to a user (named user) or a device (stand-alone; multi-seat stand-alone)
Multi-user access can be shared, and can be assigned to more than one user or device (i.e. network server)