Autodesk Advance Steel 2017
Autodesk® Advance Steel is easy-to-use and comprehensive software for structural steel detailing. Built on the familiar Autodesk® AutoCAD® platform, the software’s 3D modeling tools help you accelerate design and detailing. Work with an extensive library of intelligent, parametric structural elements, steel connections, and plates, or model your own custom elements and connections with intuitive tools. Help speed time to fabrication by automatically generating shop and general arrangement drawings, creating bills of material (BOMs), and producing DSTV CNC files directly from your designs. Interoperability with Autodesk® Revit® software and other BIM solutions supports a more connected BIM workflow from design through fabrication to construction.
Work with easy-to-use, 3D model–based tools that enable faster, more accurate steel detailing
- Help accelerate design and detailing with an extensive library of intelligent, parametric objects and components for structural elements
- Model and design steel connections faster using a library of customizable automatic joints, or model your own custom connections with easy-to-use tools
- More easily model miscellaneous steel and plate work together with the structural steel frame
Improve accuracy of deliverables and help speed time to fabrication
- Automatically generate shop drawings and general arrangement drawings to your specifications with flexible formatting options using the Autodesk® AutoCAD® platform
- Create bills of material (BOMs) using predefined or custom formats
- Generate DSTV CNC files that are compatible with most machine manufacturers
Gain the flexibility of interoperability with innovative industry software and collaboration tools
- Help streamline workflows and save implementation and training costs by using software built on the familiar AutoCAD platform
- Easily exchange data with Autodesk® Revit® software programs, Autodesk® Navisworks® software programs, Autodesk® RobotTM Structural Analysis software, and Autodesk® BIM 360TM software for a more connected BIM workflow from design through fabrication to construction
- Speed project work using worksharing tools that support multiuser collaboration across geolocated offices
GRAITEC PowerPack 2016 is a powerful extension for Autodesk® Advance Steel 2016, designed to improve the capacity, productivity and efficiency of the user. With GRAITEC PowerPack 2016, users benefit from faster modeling tools and new commands to dramatically improve the use of Autodesk® Advance Steel. This multitude of fully integrated features the new ergonomic ribbon also enrich the user experience.
New and Improved in 2016
- Orders improved for the insertion of repeated and continuous beams: These controls enable quick modeling of curved beams which gives an ease of creating inter change of straight beams curved beams and vice versa.
- Command Purpose Elliptical: Easily create spiral staircases and stair stringers insert curve from sections catalogs.
- Control for Wave Beam: Creates corrugated steel beams and girders sinusoidal. To assist with modeling of corrugated or sinusoidal beams.
- Command to create flooring surfaces: Used to cover floor surfaces with specific dimensions and grating plates or from flat sections.
- Access to Cloud: Load a model and combine documents into a cloud space.
- Relationship Advance Workshop: Allows direct link to Advance Workshop manufacturing status reports shown in the model.